Do you own an exotic pet that needs to be attended to while you’re away?
Cascade Kennels is here for your whole family, exotic pets included. We care for a wide variety of exotic pets (i.e. pets other than dogs or cats) including rabbits, rodents, ferrets, small mammals, birds, fish, reptiles and mini pigs. If you have questions regarding the possible boarding of your unique pet, we encourage you to contact us to discuss in detail how we may best serve your pet’s needs.
We have a limited number of enclosures for exotic pets so, in most cases, we ask that you provide the enclosure for your pet along with any food and ample bedding.
If you have questions regarding the possible boarding of your exotic pet, we encourage you to contact us to discuss in detail how we may be able to accommodate your pet’s needs and a cost estimate dependent upon the length of time required.
Here at Cascade Kennels, we care for a variety of exotic pets, from reptiles to mammals and everything in between:
- Birds such as parrots, love birds cockatiels and parakeets,
- Small Reptiles such as iguanas, snakes, turtles and bearded dragons
- Mini Pigs
- Small mammals such as hamsters, mice, guinea pigs, chinchillas and ferrets
If you don’t see your pet listed here, give us a call!
The health of your exotic pet is our priority. To ensure their continued well-being while in our care, we ask that that you provide evidence of the following:
1) Yearly health exam
3) Fecal Cytology
4) Fecal Direct
5) Infectious Disease Panel that tests for PBFD, Polyoma and Chlamydia
Current on rabies and distemper.
Current on rabies, tetanus and porcine parvo/erysipelas/lepto 3-way.
Other Exotic Pets
We do not have specific requirements but we do recommend an annual physical exam and fecal test.
Exotic Pet Boarding Rates
|Pet Size||Price Per Night|
|Optional Cage Rental Fee*||$5.00/Night|
*Enclosures available for guinea pigs, rabbits and ferrets.
How to Care for Exotic Pets
Caring for exotic pets can be tricky. Our friends at The Center for Bird & Exotic Animal Medicine have provided these informative and helpful care sheets for many exotic pets.
- Avian Nutrition
- Basic Bird Behavior
- Basic Bird Handling
- Behavior Problems in Pet Birds
- Dove Care Sheet
- Emergency First Aid Primer for Birds
- Feather Picking 101
- How should I play with my bird?
- Is my bird sick?
- Parrot Basics
- Pet Chickens
- Stress and the Veterinary Visit
- Target Training for Birds
- Training for the Veterinary Visit
- Yearly Check-ups for Birds
- African Spurred Tortoise Sulcata
- Ball Pythons
- Bearded Dragon Basics
- Blue-Tongued Skinks
- Box Turtles
- Brazilian Rainbow Boas
- Chinese Water Dragon
- Corn, King, and Milk Snakes
- Green Iguanas
- Is my Reptile or Amphibian sick?
- Leopard Gecko Basics
- Maintaining a Healthy Herp Collection
- Panther Chameleons
- Red Tail Boas
- Red-Eared Sliders
- Red-Footed Tortoise
- Russian Tortoise
- Veiled Chameleons
- White’s Tree Frog
- You Are What You Eat
- African Pygmy Hedgehog
- Cancer in Ferrets
- Care, Housing and Feeding of the Domestic Rat
- Chinchilla Basics
- Ferret Basics
- Guinea Pigs and Vitamin C
- Hamster Care
- Is my Rabbit Sick?
- Medical Treatment of Adrenocortical Disease in Ferrets
- Nobivac DPv
- Rabbit Basics
- Rabbit Yearly Veterinary Visits
- Sugar Glider Basics
- The Anorectic Rabbit