Exotic Pet Boarding
Do you own an exotic pet that needs to be attended to while you’re away? Cascade Kennels provides boarding accommodations for a wide variety of exotic pets (i.e. pets other than dogs or cats). Typical types of exotic pets we accommodate include:
- Birds such as parrots, love birds cockatiels and parakeets,
- Small Reptiles such as iguanas, snakes, turtles and bearded dragons
- Mini Pigs
- Small mammals such as hamsters, mice, guinea pigs, chinchillas and ferrets
- We have a limited number of enclosures for exotic pets so, in most cases, we ask that you provide the enclosure for your pet along with any food and ample bedding.
- If you have questions regarding the possible boarding of your exotic pet, we encourage you to contact us to discuss in detail how we may be able to accommodate your pet’s needs and a cost estimate dependent upon the length of time required.
Veterinary Requirements and Recommendations
The health of your exotic pet is our priority. To ensure their continued well-being while in our care, we ask that that you provide evidence of the following:
- Birds: Complete avian veterinarian physical exam, within the past year, including oral and fecal cultures and an avian bloodwork panel. The Association of Avian Veterinarians provides additional information on bird health exams at www.aav.org/?page=healthexam.
- Ferrets: Current on rabies and distemper.
- Other Exotic Pets: We do not have specific requirements but we do recommend an annual physical exam and fecal test.
Typical Exotic Pets
Exotic Pet Boarding Rates
|Pet Size||Price Per Day|