In these challenging times, we at Cascade Kennels want to assure you that we are committed to protecting the well-being and health of your family and our staff.
We will continue to offer our services while abiding by all regulations set forth by the CDC. We are keeping up to date on the situation and will continue to adapt and respond as needed. We have staff who live on-site, and many of our team members are cross-trained in multiple departments, to ensure that in any circumstance there will be no interruption in the care of your pet.
We have implemented several new policies and procedures, which follow recommendations for the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Seattle King County Department of Public Health (SKCDPH).
- We have modified our check-ins and check-outs to be done over the phone. These are the parts of our service that typically require the most prolonged interaction, close-proximity and touching of shared items and equipment. We welcome two families maximum into our lobby at a time, and have no-contact procedures for transferring your dog into and out of our care. We will walk you through the instructions, all you must remember to do is to call us when you park.
- For daycare clients, we ask that you call when you park and we will direct you to our special daycare drop off/pick up zone.
- All clients and staff must wear masks when in the building. If you do not have a mask, just let us know and we will provide you with one.
- For grooming clients, we ask that you call when you arrive so that you may check in with your groomer over the phone. After you’ve checked in, come inside and we’ll direct you through our no-contact procedure.
- We practice rigorous and frequent cleaning and disinfecting of our facility, focusing especially on public touch-points, including door-knobs, kennel latches, bathrooms, office equipment, and surfaces.
- We love showing clients our facilities, but unfortunately must suspend tours at this time. Our website has great resources for descriptions, information, pictures, videos, and we are happy to answer any and all questions you may have over the phone or via email.
- We require team members who are feeling ill stay home, and that anyone whose duties here can be done remotely works from home.
- Our team members are up to date on proper social distancing and personal hygiene techniques that are most effective at combating viruses, such as frequent use of hand sanitizer and handwashing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Additionally, our staff wear masks at all times while working.
- When pets come to visit us, we ask that you only bring food and medications. Upon intake of your pet, we will spray their coat with a mild topical biocide as recommended by veterinary professionals, to reduce the potential of the virus being carried on the hair coat.
We will continue to be your trusted partner in the care and enrichment of your pet. We hope you will join us in remaining calm and taking the quiet time this moment offers to imagine a bright future, full of friends, family, and travel.
Thank you for your support!