Hi All, Finley here!
Wow!! It’s hard to believe that it’s already December! This year has flown by, but it’s been a great one here at Cascade Kennels. I love the month of December because, like lots of people (and pets), I think it’s the most wonderful time of the year. All the lights, and extra-good smells, that BIG tree that comes into my house and the extra treats I get during the season make it my MOST favorite time of year. Plus, I have to admit, I really like seeing what Santa leaves in my stocking on Christmas Eve. Over the years, I’ve had my favorite gifts so I thought I’d share with all of you today what those favorites were to give you some ideas for your own pets. Want to know what your pets REALLY want for Christmas? Here’s my list:
For my fellow canine friends, here are a few of my favorite Christmas toys.
- Bones: Not the real ones, but a rawhide, plush or plastic bone is always a favorite with me.
- Ropes: I love playing with my rope toys and if they come with a ball or squeaker attached, that’s even better.
- Puzzle Food Bowl: These are really fun because they not only feed your dog, but they also encourage him to play because he has to figure out how to get to his food.
- Plush Toys: These are always a great gift in my stocking.
- Dog Treats: All dogs love treats so if they find these in their stockings, it’s sure to be a hit with your pet.
- Daycare at Cascade Kennels: You can’t go wrong giving your favorite canine the chance to come to daycare at Cascade Kennels.
So that’s my list of favorites, but here are some other great ideas for your dog.
- A New dog bed: Sure, we can sleep anywhere but who doesn’t love a new comfy bed?
- Reflective Accessories: If you like to walk in the evenings with your dog, getting some reflective gear for him to wear is a great way to keep him safe during walks. Most likely you wear reflective gear so putting it on your dog, keeps both of you safe.
- Toy of the month club: This sounds really fun and I think I need to let my human know about this. If you sign us up for this, we get a new toy every month!!! What could be better than that?
- GPS Collar device: This is a great idea if you have a dog that likes to “venture out” on his own. This handy gadget will tell you, the owner, when your dog gets out and then it even texts your phone if he or she wanders too far away….. Pretty cool!
FINLEY’S FELINE LIST
Now, my feline friends tell me there are some very specific things they like to receive in their stockings so here is a list of gift ideas for your favorite feline.
- A new scratching post: This gift doubles as a gift for cat owners since it keeps them from scratching your furniture.
- A new litter box: Who wouldn’t like one of these?
- A ball of yarn: This is simple to find and doesn’t cost too much either, plus it will give your cat hours of fun.
- Catnip: Apparently, they really like this.
- A toy mouse: My feline friends tell me if they can’t chase a real one, then a toy one is the next best thing.
- A Feather Wand
- A Laser Pointer
- A Spa Package with their boarding at Cascade Kennels: I’ve never met a cat who didn’t like to be pampered and the folks at Cascade Kennels REALLY know how to pamper a cat.
Well, I hope you found this list to be helpful. I’m sure your favorite canine or feline will be
exceedingly happy with any of these great gift ideas.
I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday season.
Until Next Time,
Executive Canine Quality Control Officer